Monday, January 11, 2021

My experience in making curriculums

 My story began with the curriculum only two years ago, when I moved to Turkey and started teaching Arabic to non-speaking children. One of the biggest challenges that we faced was choosing a curriculum that was appropriate to the school’s orientations, with a nice Islamic character.

Sometimes, I wrote some stories by myself  and I did some exercises that were appropriate for the purpose and grammar, until the administration encouraged us to create our own curriculum, and after reading a lot in this field and seeing the international standards in teaching the second language, and the topics that should be addressed in this age (8-10) such as SEFR and ACTFL standards, and started actually producing the first and second level book, and currently we are working at the third level with a team of professors and experts in this field.

I hope this book is a good start in the field of writing curricula for kids.




No comments:

Post a Comment